Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

LynBDesigns The Man with Two Hearts

I missed a post last week and this one is late. Sorry! We have had all the joys of viral pink eye for our 2 year old and Lysol wipes on ALL the things and washing all bedding every day to prevent everyone else from getting it. Now that we are mostly recovered AND my week long nail treatment ended I decided to swatch.
'The Man with Two Hearts' from LynBDesigns is part of her "The Doctor is in" collection. Its a red glitter with small square glitters and two shades of red heart glitters. The hearts hide in multiple layers of the glitter since they are the same shade.  I did my thumb with two layers of THwTH below. I topped it with a generous layer of P.D. Quick Top coat by Butter London since it dried a little gritty textured. The rough glitter texture was not as noticeable with only one layer, so when used as a topper any top coat will work. If you layer this up use a top coat specific for thirsty glitter or thick layers of good quality top coats. For a super smooth finish you might want a second thicker layer of top coat, but I was happy with just one.

The color was ok on its own, but I decided I wanted to try it over a red. The red was of course OPI's The Color of Minnie. Its my favorite red and I can't find one that I love as much on my hands. So here is one coat of TMwTH over red.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE it as a topper. I didn't fish for heart glitters, so they were pretty sparse and I only ended up with one on the nails. You can't see them as well on the thumb photo (at top) but there were two in there. It was party because I applied thicker coats using more of a dab method. The fingers I just brushed the glitter on leaving thinner layers of polish.

This was a thinner formula than the Medusa Cascade I previously reviewed. I believe Medusa Cascade uses more of a gel base polish and The Man with Two Hearts was more of a regular polish base, if that makes any sense.  So for me Medusa Cascade really wanted to be dabbed on, but this can be brushed on easily. Your mileage may vary, but this was my experience.

I think I just found my performance manicure. I have a solo (for 2 measures and 1 beat haha!) in John Rutter's Gloria this Christmas Season. We are supposed to wear holiday outfits. Of course that means Diva red.

Disclaimer: All polishes are bought by me and all opinions are my own. LynBDesigns retails for $8.50 for a full size bottle including shipping. Check her out on Etsy. OPI retails for $8.50 and can be found at select salons including JCPenny Salons among others. Find a reputable retailers on opi.com.

1 comment: