Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

OPI You Calling Me a Lyre?

My laptop fell and cracked the screen. So its in the shop until June.  Awesome. Next week's post is ready to go, and the only desktop we have has Ubuntu as the operating system. If you don't know what that is, well I don't either. It can't run my preferred photo software for cropping photos. So I am on strike. Plus, my husband graduates this Friday with his associate's degree. FINALLY. Its only taken since before our fist child was born over 5 years ago. Ha! And we will have family visiting for a week. If I disappear for a bit, I will be back.


Ready for some nude nails? Oh the scandal!



This is one of my favorite types of nail polish. Its great as a go with anything polish. Its also ideal type for musicians, sign language interpreters, and others that can't wear color. Or even if you like color, its nice to change it up!

OPI 'You Calling Me a Lyre?' is from the NYC Ballet Soft Shades collection in Spring 2012. They are all sheer or semi sheer soft colors. They actually are described as sorbet colors. Sorbet means they are super glossy and somewhat sheer. This is a new term for me. I guess Jelly is like what you get with Jello, and sorbet is more like turkey gravy (at least the way I grew up making it without flour added, just some starch to thicken the broth/drippings). 



This one is a light peach tinted pink. This color reminds of the color of pointe shoes and I want to go watch some movie or TV show about ballet students now.

I know some people have claimed this color/collection is streaky. I did not experience that with this color. I know a few of the colors I did add a drop or two of polish thinner to combat streaks. It might help that I am applying it in the winter and its cold and dry.

1 comment:

  1. I love how soft and sweet this polish is! Haha... yes it's a bit like turkey gravy. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete