Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Influenster Cosmo VoxBox 2012!

I am in recovery from all my head surgeries. So far it sucks pretty bad pain wise, but I have done better than some of my friends who had adult tonsil removal. I am doing the trick I learned from a pharmacist post baby and taking the pain meds as soon as I can round the clock for at least a few days. Even with the meds, it really hurts to swallow.

Anyway, I busted into my Influenster box Monday night as part of my pre-surgery relaxation. My helper was thrilled.


Sorry for the reflection on the card included. The back stated what everything was in the box. I will go through it one by one.

First up was a cenus razor pack. There was a full size Venus Embrace razor and an extra head. The extra head is Gillette® Venus® & Olay™ Razor. Its interchangable with the other handle, and I didn't have a chance to try it. But, essentially you wet the razor and then it will lather into a soap for shaving purposes in the shower or bath. Both razors have 5 blades and are made to hug curves. I used the Venus Embrace pre-op and was very pleased with how closely it shaved. I had to use antibacterial soap prior to surgery so I used the more basic blade.

Second thing I tried was chocolate. Poor me having to review delicious chocolate.  I won't be able  to have awesome stuff like this for a while. This is Ghiradelli Sea Salt Escape all natural chocolate. The thing that will do in in will be the nuts.They were delicious though. It contains milk, nuts and soy, so if you are on limited diets for these items, skip this exact product.

Again sorry about the indoor flash photos. I wanted to get this started before my surgery. I would totally buy more of this chocolate. I will be seeking out nut free varieties for my throat, but it was delicious. The sea salt added a bit of flavor in there and melted in my mouth with the chocolate.

Next up is Forever Red perfume from Bath and Body Works. Its a fruity scent with some vanilla. Accodinf to their website the fragrance is:
  • Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
  • Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
  • Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood
 I wore it for a day and I really liked it. It was sort of sexy but still lighter. Definitely let it sit for a while before purchasing though. Some of the more fruity smells were not noticeable after a bit of wearing and it was mostly a sweet vanilla scent. I would go to the store and try on a tester and leave it on a couple of hours before purchasing. Bare nails because they had to be polish free for surgery.


Last but not least where some really nifty pens Frixion by Pilot Pen. They are fine point gel pens, and they have a little rubber cap that you can erase mistakes with. Unlike traditional 'erasable' ink pens, I didn't notice smear. I am a lefty, and like most left hand writers I end up smearing words with my hands when I write. The ink dried quickly and was easy to erase.


This was written on the bottom of the box my kit came in. I erased some letters and changed two words between the two photos. I enjoyed these a lot and I will be adding this pen to my South Paw friendly list. Its perfect for the on the go small calender I keep in my purse.

All in all, I found the box really fun! I may have been familiar with some of the product lines, bot not these exact types.

Disclaimer. I received these products for free to review them. My first promo post!

1 comment:

  1. i want to give you the liebster award its a fun award to get to know other bloggers!!!

    http://sarahkaszuba.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete